Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yeah! So...What?


So I was with my cousin the whole weekend. It keeps me sane. She is my other half. I was at her house for the first time in years. I've stayed away because we were allowed to do more at my house and her parents didn't like me. I think that has changed and I am so very pleased. I am feeling so alone, I need a good book. My mother is...well, she won't admit that she gets drunk. So call it whatever. Buzzed, I guess. She fell two years and a half years ago. The hospital really screwed up her treatment plan. She was on pain meds for almost a year. That did wonders for her system. She's never been quite the same since. She gets tired and when she's that tired she acts exactly like when she's buzzed. She is a totally different person. She gets stupid and mean. Sometimes nostalgic if you're lucky. I guess this isn't really that bad. I know a lot of kids have grown up with much worse. Perhaps just because I've had such an easy life, in comparison this is hard to deal with. Anyway, I use books and movies to escape. They are my best friends when all my other ones aren't there. I feel like in writing this. I've let go of some of the baggage and resentment that goes with it. By putting this out there for the world to see, the other people who have similar problems can join me and don't feel quite so alone. She denies it. But I know what I see. Thanks for listening. =)

No comments: